Mineral analysis in rocks using XRD and Petrography
Rock formation in a region is influenced by many factors such as tectonic and volcanic systems of the area. Both activities will affect the microstructure of the rock. This study analyzes mineral composition in three different rocks. We display the digital image that obtained from XRD and petrography. Rock samples were taken from some formations around Lampung. The analysis was performed on three different rocks: granite, andesite, and schist using XRD and petrography. The granite-R1 sample shows the result of mineral content present in the rock that is quartz, alkali feldspar, plagioclase, biotite. The andesite-R2 sample consists of plagioclase, orthopyroxene, biotite, and volcanic glass. The Schist-R3 sample consist of quartz, muscovite, calcite.
All the content on Journal of Science and Applicative Technology (JSAT) may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.