IDENTIFICATION THE EFFECT OF THE EXISTENCE OF CAMPUS INSTITUT TEKNOLOGI SUMATERA IN THE LAND USE CHANGES AND PRICES IN THE SURROUNDING AREA
This research identifies the presence of Institut Teknologi Sumatera in altering the land use of the surrounding area. The very rapidly changes around the campus ITERA is altering the land use at present. It is because of the need for the land in order to meet the needs of ITERAâ€™s students who come from outside the regions. These needs can be seen in the form of land use changes from agriculture, plantation, and vacant land into rented house, food stalls, and photocopy services as a provider of facilities for students ITERA. The data were collected through questionnaires, as well as interviews with stakeholders and community members in the ITERA campusâ€™ neighborhood. The analytical method adopted in this research is geographic information systems to describe a changes in altering the land use and prices. In addition this research explain how the alter land use are happening. The findings suggest that the presence of Institut Teknologi Sumatera, to some degree, has influenced how the land is being managed in the surrounding area and the price of the land.
All the content on Journal of Science and Applicative Technology (JSAT) may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.