Study of management and development of Observatorium Astronomi ITERA Lampung (OAIL) area: Part I
Institut Teknologi Sumatera (ITERA) and Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB) also Government of Lampung Province have launched the ITERA Astronomical Observatory or known with Observatorium Astronomi ITERA Lampung (OAIL). On 20th November 2016, the coordinates of the observatory were determined 05o 27â€™ 71â€ S and 105o 09â€™ 39â€ E with height of 1030 above sea level. Development of OAIL area will be the center of education in science field especially in Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences. OAIL also will become the center of ecotourism in Lampung Province which can become a tourist attraction for the people in Lampung even outside Lampung. Therefore, it is necessary that management and development be directed so that the main function of the observatory is not disturbed. In this research will do assessment about OAIL area by distribute questionnaire to some related agencies to evaluate whether OAIL area can be a specific area or not. From 50 respondents, there are 35 respondents say that OAIL area is appropriate as a specific area and 15 respondents say vice verca.
All the content on Journal of Science and Applicative Technology (JSAT) may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.