the APPLICATION OF VDI 2222 METHOD IN THE PROCESS OF DESIGNING TOOLS FOR ASSEMBLING THE FOUR WAY ENTRY PALLET
APLIKASI METODE VDI 2222 PADA PROSES PERANCANGAN ALAT BANTU PERAKITAN FOUR WAY ENTRY PALLET
The research was conducted at UD X, this company made one type of pallet, four way entry pallet (local pallet). The average order in a month is 2000 units, which 60% of order completed by the company and the other 40% by subcontracts. In this pallet assembly process, joining each components is doing manually by the operator without tools. While the assembly process needed high accuracy and much time to do. Therefore, tools are needed by operators to carry out the assembly process. So using tools can reduce the process time and the company does not need to subcontracts. To solve that problem, a tool was designed use Verein Deutsche Inginieuer 2222 method (VDI 2222). The result of the design was a pallet assembly aid with allumunium alloy as the base material. The design implementation process which requires a cost of Rp. 6,013,055.26 will be reach the break even point when 7618 units produced. If the design is implemented, the company does not need to subcontract, because with this tool it can save the assembly time by 61.66% from the initial time.
All the content on Journal of Science and Applicative Technology (JSAT) may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
Share â€” copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt â€” remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
Attribution â€” You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
NonCommercial â€” You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
No additional restrictions â€” You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.