Evaluation of Pedestrian's Profile, Activity, and Environment in the City of Kitakyushu, Japan
Various attributes addressing the issues on walking environment and walking condition possibly has distracted the efforts of creating better planning and development to promote walking to the citizen. It will take an enormous effort and time for them to consider all the attributes that are available. Therefore authors assess the possibilities of the utilization of the Pedestrian PL.AC.E. (Profile, Activity, and Environment) and its key-attributes using a survey questionnaire in order to confirm that it can serve as a framework for urban planning or assessment in promoting a walking-friendly environment. The questionnaire was distributed to the case study area which is the city of Kitakyushu, Japan. After collecting and documenting all responses, the results were analyzed using descriptive type of statistical analysis with SPSS software.
All the content on Journal of Science and Applicative Technology (JSAT) may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.