Before you submit you will need:
- Your manuscript: this can be a single file including text, figures, and tables, or separate files – whichever you prefer. All required sections should be contained in your manuscript, including abstract, introduction, methods, results and discussions, and conclusions. Figures and tables should have legends. References may be submitted in IEEE format. If the manuscript, figures or tables are difficult for you to read, they will also be difficult for the editors and reviewers. If your manuscript is difficult to read, the editorial office may send it back to you for revision.
- Your co-author details, including affiliation and email address. (Why is this important? We need to keep all co-authors informed of the outcome of the peer review process.)
Manuscripts should be submitted electronically via the online submission site. Go to the journal home page and click on 'Online Submission'. The use of an online submission and peer review site enables rapid distribution of manuscripts and consequentially speeds up the review process. It also allows authors to track the status of their own manuscripts. Complete instructions for submitting a paper are available online and below.
Manuscript submission is a step-by-step process, and little preparation is required beyond having all parts of your manuscript in an electronic format and a computer with an Internet connection and a Web browser. Full help and instructions are provided on-screen. As an author, you will be prompted for author and manuscript details and then to upload your manuscript file(s).
To avoid postal delays, all correspondence is by e-mail. A completed manuscript submission is confirmed by e-mail immediately and your paper enters the editorial process with no postal delay. Your manuscript will have a unique manuscript number and you can check the progress of your manuscript at any time by returning to the online submission site via the journal home page. When a decision is made, revisions can be submitted online, with an opportunity to view and respond to all comments.
Peer review is also handled online. Referees are given full instructions and access to the paper on the online submission site. The review form and comments are completed online and immediately made available to the Editor-in-Chief.
Contain the information how to make an account and log in in journal’s website.
Submitting Your Manuscript
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- I hereby declare that this submission is my own work.
- I hereby stated that this manuscript has no plagiarism matter.
- I declare the submission has no potential conflict of interest.
- I hereby stated that this manuscript has never been previously published in any other scientific publication and not being under the reviewing process of any other scientific publication.
- The submitted manuscript contains no least than 2.000 words and not exceed 10 pages A4 including figures and tables.
- The submitted manuscript has been written using Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx).
- The submitted manuscript uses references at least 80% from at least 15 sources and had been taken from the late ten year publications.
All manuscripts submitted to the Communication in Food Science and Technology will be reviewed by at least two experts in the field. The Communication in Food Science and Technology uses double-blinded review. The names of the reviewers will thus not be disclosed to the author submitting a paper.
Suspension of Submission Mid-way in the Submission Process
You may suspend a submission at any phase before clicking the 'Submit' button and save it to submit later. The manuscript can then be located under 'Unsubmitted Manuscripts' and you can click on 'Continue Submission' to continue your submission when you choose to.
E-mail Confirmation of Submission
After submission you will receive an e-mail to confirm receipt of your manuscript. If you do not receive the confirmation e-mail after 24 hours, please check your e-mail address carefully in the system. If the e-mail address is correct please contact your IT department. The error may be caused by spam filtering software on your e-mail server.
You can access the status of your manuscript. The Journal will inform you by e-mail once a decision has been made.
Submission of Revised Manuscripts
Revised manuscripts must be uploaded within 2 weeks of authors being notified of conditional acceptance pending satisfactory revision. Locate your manuscript under 'Manuscripts with Decisions' and click on 'Submit a Revision' to submit your revised manuscript. Please remember to delete any old files uploaded when you upload your revised manuscript. Please also remember to upload your manuscript document separate from your title page. The submission file is submitted in Microsoft Word file format. Currently our Open Journal System has limited size for uploading files not over 5MB.
When preparing a manuscript, authors should refer to a recent issue of the Journal and follow the detailed instructions given below. Please keep a copy of the original manuscript for reference. An e-mail acknowledging the online submission of a manuscript will be sent by the Journal. Any material sent to the Editorial Office will not be returned.
Authors should very carefully consider the preparation of papers to ensure that they communicate efficiently. Papers are much more likely to be accepted if they are carefully designed and laid out, have few or no errors, are concise, and conform to the style and instructions. They will also be published with much less delay than those that require much scientific and editorial correction. The Editor reserves the right to make literary corrections and to make suggestions to improve brevity.
Submission and publication are free of charge.
Formatting presents in journal’s template.
Upon acceptance of a paper for publication, the manuscript will be forwarded to the Production Editor who is responsible for the production of the journal.
The corresponding author will receive an e-mail alert containing a link to a website. A working e-mail address must therefore be provided for the corresponding author. The proof can be downloaded as a PDF (portable document format) file from this site. Other than in exceptional circumstances, all illustrations are retained by the publisher. Please note that the author is responsible for all statements made in their work, including changes made by the copy editor.
Online publication articles are complete and final. They have been fully reviewed, revised and edited for publication, and the author’s final corrections have been incorporated. Because they are in final form, no changes can be made after online publication. They are therefore given a Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.