Study of Protection Structures Planning for Krui Beach, Pesisir Barat Regency, Lampung Province
Labuhan Jukung Beach is one of the beaches in Kru, which is located on Krui Bay, West Coast District. This beach is a tourist beach directly adjacent to the Indian Ocean, so it has a high wave. Based on wind data from 2008 â€“ 2017 that be analyzed in this research, Krui Beach has extreme wave height (25th return period) as big as 6 meters in deep-sea water and 3.4m in shallow water, consequently Krui Beach has the potential to erode To resolve these problems, must be built environmentally friendly coastal protection structure. The structure that can be used in this beach is groynes. Groynes serve as sediment traps and existence of groin does not disturb tourists who surf the beach. Based on HWS value and run-up wave calculation, the groin structure need to has elevation +10.3m from seabed, with armor weight is 6.3 ton.
All the content on Journal of Science and Applicative Technology (JSAT) may be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
You are free to:
- Share - copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt - remix, transform, and build upon the material
Under the following terms:
- Attribution - You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial - You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No additional restrictions - You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.